Position: Cloud Solution Architect
Report: Manager, Cloud Solution Architecture
Work Location: Open
Are you passionate about technology? Are you an innovator, problem solver, and do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment? If yes, this position may be right for you. Join and grow with us!
Unitas Global is looking for a Solution Architect to join our growing team.
THE ROLE DEFINED
Unitas Cloud Solutions Architects (CSA) support the business development and sales teams by providing leadership and support to scope, price, and propose IT solutions. This individual will be directly responsible for driving and managing the requirements gathering and design process, leveraging the company’s full portfolio of offerings to deliver powerful business solutions to partners, new enterprise clients, and installed clients.
Within this highly visible, client-facing role, the CSA will draw on their extensive experience and knowledge of cloud and network infrastructure to architect end-to-end solutions in a pre-sales environment. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in owning all aspects of the technical sales process and will have a strong background in managed hosting and cloud services environments.
SCOPE AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cloud Solution Architect will be responsible for gathering and defining requirements, then translating those requirements into compelling technical solutions. This individual will:
· Work with the sales team to qualify opportunities for the company;
· Engage with prospective clients at varying levels, to gather technical requirements, clearly articulate the value proposition of specific company products and services, and design solutions to meet those requirements;
· Be the subject matter expert for the company’s product line and offerings and key technical point of contact for the potential client and sales team;
· Lead the proposal process, deal sheets, and Statement of Work creation, developing solutions and cost estimates that balance profitability with customer requirements;
· Create and deliver effective and comprehensive presentations to prospective clients while working closely with sales, engineering and development teams to communicate solutions that satisfy all technical needs;
· Document and communicate winning solution details across organizations including service delivery, PMO, Engineering, and CMC to ensure smooth handoff from pre-sale to post-order.
· Keep current on industry knowledge and trends, technologies and platforms, and processes to determine how it may impact a client engagement and properly advise customers and colleagues on needed actions;
· Proactively mentor, coach and share subject matter expertise with others to improve capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SETS PREFERRED
The ideal candidate is a high caliber professional who is able to combine their expertise in client relations, technology, and business to drive the technical sales of business solutions in the connected managed cloud infrastructure and hosting space. This individual must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and global team environment, with demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field preferred
· 5+ years of relevant experience with a managed services company in technical sales position designing and implementing IT solutions using listed technologies
· Significant prior experience with requirements gathering, solution design and presentation for purposes of closing on new business opportunities
· Expert knowledge of hosting technologies including Public and Private Cloud builds, Virtualization, dedicated servers, storage, backups, security, hosting and colocation – able to understand the theory of operation, practical applications, and integration requirements
· Deep understanding of networking and WAN protocols (including MPLS, BGP, SIP, IPsec) and Metro Ethernet Forum standards, NFV and LSO/Orchestration
· Expert knowledge of networking and connectivity including network peering, Internet exchanges, CDNs, data center networking technologies and architectures (leaf-spine, interconnect technologies)
ATTRIBUTES A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSESS:
· Technology-driven: excited by technology and possessing immense desire to use it effectively to do the right thing by the customer
· Dedicated, hard-working: “hands-on” and focused – eager to roll up sleeves, get hands dirty and do what it takes to get the job done
· Smart, dynamic and strategic problem solver. Has the intellectual horsepower and creativity to circumvent obstacles and solve complex problems
· Powerful communicator: able to effectively explain technical concepts to both technical and a non-technical audience
· Motivated: possesses internal drive to succeed and ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, to complete projects from start to finish
· Accountable: takes ownership for results as well as the activity required to achieve them
· Honest, forthright: thinks and acts with impeccable integrity and thoroughness
· Disciplined: proven ability to measure success against defined criteria and objectives
· Team-player: collaborator with ability to create a positive work environment and make meaningful contributions and recommendations
Unitas Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. Please contact HR at Recruiting@unitasglobal.com if applicants require accommodations during the application process.
To Apply: Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.