[Title] Cloud Solutions Architect
[Report] VP, Cloud Solutions Architect
[Location] Denver, CO, Los Angeles, CA, and Houston, TX
Are you passionate about technology? Are you an innovator, problem solver, and do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment? If yes, this position may be right for you. Join and grow with us!
Unitas Global is currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for a Cloud Solutions Architect (CSA) position. The CSA will be supporting the sales team within their assigned territory to provide technical cloud and managed hosting solutions to new and existing clients. This individual will also be directly responsible for driving and managing the requirements gathering and high-level design process, leveraging the company’s full portfolio of offerings to deliver powerful business solutions.
Within this highly visible, client-facing role, the CSA will draw on their extensive experience and expertise in the managed services industry to architect end-to-end solutions in a pre-sales environment. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in owning all aspects of the technical sales process and will have a strong background in the managed hosting and cloud services environments.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
As the primary technical consultant for account executives and prospective customers, the Cloud Solution Architect will be responsible for gathering and defining requirements, and then translating those requirements into compelling technical solutions. A key contributor to the company’s technical solution competencies and sales wins, this individual will play an integral role in both, designing highly complex solutions, as well as influencing the product roadmap of the company.
· Work with the sales team to identify opportunities for the company;
· Engage with prospective clients at varying levels, to identify technical requirements, clearly articulate the value proposition of specific company products and services, and develop standard as well as custom solutions to meet those requirements;
· Lead the ongoing conceptualization, design, development, quality control and implementation of standard, complex and custom client solutions;
· Support the proposal process and lead the Statement of Work creation, developing solutions and cost estimates that ensure profitability and client satisfaction;
· Act as subject matter expert and key technical point of contact for the purpose of supporting the sales team and sales process with detailed technical knowledge of the company’s product line and offerings;
· Create and deliver effective and comprehensive presentations to prospective clients, while working closely with internal sales, engineering and development teams to satisfy all technical needs;
· Educate and train internal sales force regarding how to best position company offerings to prospective clients;
· Engage fully with sales opportunities, as they are uncovered by the sales executives, and provide a strong technical acumen which is required to drive that opportunity to successful close;
· Manage problem resolution and client satisfaction issues through strong partnering capabilities, as well as participating in client negotiations to influence strategies and lead technical contract elements;
· Keep current on industry knowledge and trends, technologies and platforms, and processes to determine how it may impact a client engagement and properly advise customers and colleagues on needed actions;
· Proactively mentor, coach and share subject matter expertise with others to improve capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients.
· Must have expertise in the following Unitas Global Service Portfolio: Managed Services; Private & Public Cloud Services; Ethernet Services; SD-WAN; Access (Last Mile); Peering Services
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field preferred
· 5+ years of relevant experience with a cloud/managed services company in operations or technical sales position
· Expert knowledge of hosting technologies including Public and Private Cloud builds, Virtualization, Managed Services, as well as dedicated servers, networks, monitoring, storage, backups, security, managed hosting and colocation – able to understand the theory of operation, practical applications and integration requirements
· Expert knowledge of networking and connectivity including network peering, internet exchanges, CDNs, data center networking technologies and architectures (leaf-spine, interconnect technologies)
· Hands-on experience designing and implementing solutions using these technologies
· Significant prior experience with requirements gathering, solution design and presentation for purposes of closing on new business opportunities
· Able to build strong relationships with engineers, sales teams and prospective and existing clients
· Deep understanding of networking protocols (including MPLS, BGP, SIP, etc) and Metro Ethernet Forum standards
· Ability to travel as necessary
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Excellent in organization, time management, and planning skills
· Ability to effectively analyze problems and identify solutions
· Ability to work both independently and with a team
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and global team-focused environment, with demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously, as well as developing solutions that create value for business clients.
· Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
· Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
· Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
· Able to walk long distances
· Able to travel on short notice
Unitas Global is a rapidly growing organization providing enterprise businesses with cloud solutions tailored to specific company demands. We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k, and unlimited PTO.
Unitas Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. Please contact HR at Recruiting@unitasglobal.com if applicants require accommodations during the application process.
To Apply: Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.