Position: CMC Engineer
Report: CMC Manager
Work Location: Open
Are you passionate about technology? Are you an innovator, problem solver, and do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment? If yes, this position may be right for you. Join and grow with us!
Unitas Global is currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for a CMC Engineer position. This is a 24/7 team responsible for production systems health monitoring, escalation handling and standardized communication of all Incident Management within the Technical Operations organization. Successful candidates must be able to multi-task and prioritize system events according to severity and escalation procedures. Candidates must be comfortable communicating quickly and accurately in the event of production emergencies, both with internal and external groups. This individual must also be comfortable navigating Linux and Windows environments, troubleshooting performance problems on the network, and be involved in actively troubleshooting and/or resolving production issues. Candidates are required to work rotating shift scheduling.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Monitoring – 24x7x365 Health monitoring of Linux and Windows environments hosting various based web, network, mobile and telephony platforms using server, network and application monitoring systems.
• Escalation Ownership – production issues are escalated and driven to resolution via troubleshooting, communication, and subsequent updates. Issues are owned from start to finish and tracked in the Enterprise Incident Management ticketing system. The Operations Center is responsible for gathering troubleshooting information either for direct resolution or for an escalation destination party.
• Flexible with the ability to handle stressful situations, such as initiating emergency conference bridge calls and sending quick and accurate outage notifications. Use of Standardized Communications for Customer communications, Scheduled Maintenances and Service Interruptions.
• Monitoring of Incident, Change, and Problems Management policies and procedures. Communicating between departments, vendors and partners as a central repository for information regarding production sites, Customer Support, Help Desk and Core Systems issues across the entire organization.
• Providing Application Support for Linux and Windows applications, including performing various system administration tasks and performing standard operating procedures as needed to maintain system health.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 2+ years of previous Operations Center or equivalent experience. • MUST be comfortable working in a command line as well as GUI environment.
• 1+ yr. Windows & Linux experience (running scripts, grepping logs, troubleshooting errors).
• 1+ yr. network experience (wide area connectivity, management, remote access and troubleshooting errors).
• Willing to work 12 hour shift (3 days on / 3 days off)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Documenting and Diagraming experience a plus.
• Network or system administration skills a plus.
• Experience with Science Logic is a plus.
• Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours)
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
• Able to walk long distances
Unitas Global is a rapidly growing organization providing enterprise businesses with cloud and network connectivity solutions tailored to specific company demands. We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k, and unlimited PTO.
Unitas Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. Please contact HR at Recruiting@unitasglobal.com if applicants require accommodations during the application process.
To Apply: Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.