[Title] CMC Engineer
[Location] Kansas City, KS
This is a 24/7 team responsible for production systems health monitoring, escalation handling, and standardized communication of all Incident Management within the Technical Operations organization. Successful candidates must be able to multi-task and prioritize system events according to severity and escalation procedures. Candidates must be comfortable communicating quickly and accurately in the event of production emergencies, both with internal and external groups. This individual must also be comfortable navigating through both Linux and Windows environments and be involved in actively troubleshooting and/or resolving production issues. Candidates must also be flexible to work a combination of day, evening and or third shifts as needed.
- Monitoring – 24x7x365 health monitoring of Linux and Windows environments hosting various based web, network, mobile and telephony platforms using server, network, and application monitoring systems.
- Escalation Ownership – production issues are escalated and driven to resolution via troubleshooting, communication, and subsequent updates. Issues are owned from start to finish and tracked in the Enterprise Incident Management ticketing system. The Operations Center is responsible for gathering troubleshooting information either for direct resolution or for an escalation destination party.
- Flexible with the ability to handle stressful situations, such as initiating emergency conference bridge calls and sending quick and accurate outage notifications. Use of standardized communications for customer communications, scheduled maintenances, and service interruptions.
- Monitoring of the Infrastructure Change Management policies and procedures. Communicating between departments, vendors and partners as a central repository for information regarding production sites, Customer Support, Help Desk, and Core Systems issues across the entire organization.
- Application support for Linux and Windows applications, including performing various system administration tasks and performing standard operating procedures as needed to maintain system health.
- 2+ years of previous Operations Center or equivalent experience
- MUST be comfortable working in a command line as well as GUI environment
- 2+ years of direct experience running scripts, grepping logs, troubleshooting errors
- 2+ years of direct Windows experience running scripts, processing event log messages, troubleshooting errors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to accurately report information in a timely manner
- Any junior system administration skills a plus
- Experience with Science Logic is a plus
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and good luck!
Unitas Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.