[Title] Senior Network Engineer
[Report] SVP Operations
[Location] Chicago, IL or Kansas City, KS
Are you passionate about technology? Are you an innovator, problem solver, and do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment? If yes, this position may be right for you. Join and grow with us!
Unitas Global is currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for a Senior Network Engineer position. This individual will be responsible for designing, implementing and performing day-to-day support of network infrastructure and appliances (virtual and physical), as well as collaborating with other engineers and operations teams in resolving all network or systems issues. The Senior Network Engineer will be directly accountable for significantly contributing to the overall technical architecture, stability, resiliency and general health related to network solutions. The ideal candidate must be a team player who has a strong foundation built on collaboration, trust, innovation, and experience.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and administrate the company’s and client’s network hardware and software solutions;
- Perform operational analysis of new technologies and recommending changes in solution reference architecture and client infrastructure design;
- Engage with client engineering talent to provide consultative solutions to business challenges;
- Evaluate existing internal and customer environments and for making recommendations for improving those environments;
- Support virtual and physical network and security appliances in high-availability environments that span multiple data centers and physical locations;
- Create, maintain, and update operational documentation of client infrastructure, communication flows, and routing necessary to support the environment;
- Proactively monitoring systems and performing preventative maintenance and updates to prevent performance impacts to systems and business functions;
- Manage client solutions, configure and tune hardware and software to ensure optimum network performance and resource availability;
- Participate in disaster recovery tests, planning and solutions;
- Support system engineering and other operational teams when new systems or servers are introduced, or new clients are on-boarded;
- Planning and execution of any hardware migrations and upgrades that pertain to network and security solutions;
- Design, plan, and implement projects as required to support the day-to-day production requirements;
- Mentor junior engineering talent and development materials and standard operating procedures designed to train others on best practice solutions;
- Follow the Company’s standard operating procedures, corporate policies, and established best practices in implementation of all solutions;
- Participate with the on-call rotation;
- Comfortable working in a data center environment ,working with AC/DC power, and Cat5e and Fiber elements;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of large-scale, enterprise-class planning, design, implementation and support experience.
- 4+ years of enterprise or service provider network skills with the proven capability to implement and support complex environments.
- Certifications a plus (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Brocade, ITIL, Palo Alto, McAfee)
- Entrepreneurial initiative and commitment to customer service excellence
- Experience with network protocols and solutions, with deep knowledge and understanding of modern data center networking techniques and technologies such as:
- Advanced routing and switching (BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, MPLS, and DMVPN)
- Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches
- Cisco ISR and ASR routing platforms
- Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewalls
- Brocade enterprise and data center class route and switch platforms
- Huawei route and switch platforms
- F5 and Brocade load balancer platforms
- Ability and desire to train and mentor junior talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent in organization, time management, and project planning skills
- Ability to effectively analyze problems and identify solutions
- Ability to prioritize a heavy work schedule
- Ability to work both independently and with the team
- Participate within the on-call rotation.
- Diverse knowledge of common compute operating systems Linux, Microsoft, Hypervisors/virtualization platform, VEEM.
- Experience working with ServiceNow ticketing and change management systems.
- Team driven.
- Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Able to walk long distances
Unitas Global is a rapidly growing organization providing enterprise businesses with cloud solutions tailored to specific company demands. We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k, and unlimited PTO.
Unitas Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. Please contact HR at Recruiting@unitasglobal.com if applicants require accommodations during the application process.
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.