Position: Senior Software Engineer
Report: SVP Software Engineering
Work Location: Chicago, IL
Are you passionate about technology? Are you an innovator, problem solver, and do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment? If yes, this position may be right for you. Join and grow with us!
Unitas Global is currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for a Senior Software Engineer position. The ideal candidate must be a team player who has a strong foundation built on collaboration, trust, innovation, and experience. This candidate will be an integral part of a team to accelerate the release cycle of our software products to the connectivity market.
Our core technologies include React, Python, NodeJS, .Net Core C# and GCP/GKE among others. We’re not fixed to our stack and we don’t want you to be either; we’re looking for someone with enthusiasm to build skills along with our team and meet the challenges of scaling our platform.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design and develop simple, elegant solutions to architectural and business problems
- Scale and improve the core backend software infrastructure
- Communicate technical objectives and concepts with the wider connectivity team and external partners
- Participate in product development discussions with the business and your peers
- Help identify solution designs for business and technical needs together with your teammates
- Identify architecture patterns and conventions to keep our platform scalable and maintainable
- Work with teammates and external vendors to develop functionality upon our core software along with external geolocation, identity, and network platform APIs
- Play a key role in maintaining our team culture within and with our business partners
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer
- Experience designing, implementing and working with API specifications
- Strong Python programming skills
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies
- Practical experience with all phases of the development lifecycle, from design to production performance considerations
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent in organization, time management, and project planning skills
- Ability to effectively analyze problems and identify solutions
- Ability to prioritize a heavy work schedule
- Ability to work both independently and with the team
- Practical experience with authentication and identity protocols and standards (OpenID Connect, OAuth, SAML)
- Experience working with international geolocation and address parsing
- Experience implementing cross-platform orchestration across multiple downstream APIs
- Experience working with major public cloud provisioning APIs
- Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Able to walk long distances
Unitas Global is a rapidly growing organization providing enterprise businesses with cloud solutions tailored to specific company demands. We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k, and unlimited PTO.
Unitas Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. Please contact HR at Recruiting@unitasglobal.com if applicants require accommodations during the application process.
Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.