Are you an innovator, problem solver, and do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment?
If yes, this position may be right for you. Join and grow with us!
Unitas Global is currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for a Senior Systems Engineer—VMWare/Windows/Citrix. The Engineer will assist in the architecture and lead on deployments of Enterprise Private Cloud, as well as some Public Cloud. The engineer will also provide Top Tier support to the service desk and NOC.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build greenfield IT environments for clients for deployment into new and existing infrastructure
• Troubleshoot hardware, software, OS maintenance, ongoing system configuration changes and multiple environment IaaS deployments
• Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for customer and internal needs
• Confidence around modern technology including servers, virtualization strategies and storage
• Be the subject matter expert on execution of system implementation and upgrades.
• Responsible for infrastructure design and build out for clients
• Responsible for training and guiding other engineers and ops team members in areas of expertise
• Directing and responding to tickets to address all issues in a timely and efficient manger, resolving most without escalation to other technical resources
• Take proactive and reactive actions to correct client and infrastructure issues
• Onboarding of new customers following documented processes
• Follow standards, policies and procedures for meeting service SLAs through the interaction with internal and external stakeholders of the system
• Perform regular (preventive) and corrective maintenance to system infrastructure devices
• Coordinate maintenance with other internal and external stakeholders and follow established change control procedures
• Identify performance issues and recommend/implement corrections, identify alarm correlations and appropriate response actions
• Maintain system and customer configuration documentation.
• Perform other duties as required by manager.
• Focused on the outcome for the team and the company
• Participate in 24x7 on call rotation periodically
• Communicating with management, service desk team and other IT groups when issues arise or a major problem is suspected.
• Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation
• Assist with training Service Desk and NOC in completing repeatable tasks through on-hands and documented processes and procedures
• Plan, consult and provide critical data to management, clients and peers regarding health of the environment, enhancements, innovations and solutions.
• Following ITIL processes for optimal management, ongoing support and the exceeding of customer expectations.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent.
• 4+ years of large-scale, enterprise-class planning, design, implementation and support experience.
• 5+ years’ experience working with Vmware
• 4+ years’ experience as a Windows systems administrator.
• 4+ years of SAN Switch and Storage skills with the proven capability to implement and support complex environments
- Experience managing VDI or Citrix infrastructure
• Experience leveraging public cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, etc)
• Familiar with FC, iSCSI, CIFS and NFS configuration.
• Strong knowledge with backup integration with EMC, NetApp, and VMware solutions.
• Experience working with Commvault, Veeam and other backup applications
• Familiarity with Openstack methodology, deployment, and management strategies
• Anti-Virus deployment and integration
• Storage connectivity to Windows and VMWare ESX servers.
• Ability to lead customer presentation and training sessions
• Exposure and/or knowledge of network design as pertaining to storage and compute resources.
• Work experience in a service provider or multi-tenant technical environment.
• Experience working within a ticket-based service application.
• Desired Certifications:
o VMware VCP
o Microsoft MCSE
o Other Certifications that show knowledge in areas of expertise
• Knowledge and experience with the following:
o Hyper-V, VMware and other virtualization technologies.
o Nimble, EMC San, and other Storage Technologies.
o Windows server 2003, 2008, 2012
o Windows 7, 8, 10
o Exchange server 2007, 2010, 2012 (including relevant MS Office 2007/2010 experience)
o Office 365 Management and Deployment
o Windows deployment services
o Active Directory and Deployment via Group Policy
o Windows DNS and DHCP
o Windows Certificate services
o Microsoft PowerShell
o Linux operating systems
- Able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds occasionally
- Able to walk long distances
- Able to travel via plane, train, auto, on short notice
Unitas Global is a rapidly growing organization providing enterprise businesses with cloud solutions tailored to specific company demands. We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k, and unlimited PTO.
Unitas Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. Please contact HR at Recruiting@unitasglobal.com if applicants require accommodations during the application process.
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.